Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dinner

Today is Tuesday. This crayfish was caught on Monday morning off Tairua by our neighbour who a year ago reckoned that he’d got his fishing costs down to “about $1000 a kilo”.

He had been diving on Sunday and seen his biggest cray ever but didn’t manage to snare it. Happily for us, yesterday he got some smaller ones – including this one which weighs 800g and measures, as you can see, about 10 inches or 25cm. 

It was cooked last night by his wife. She brought it over this afternoon as a thank-you for my minding their letterbox and garden (i.e. nicking their vegetables) over the long weekend. And now, if you’ll excuse me, I shall go and eat it.

So here is Robert Cray:

2 comments:

laughykate said...

That wasn't fair.

I wouldn't post anything else like that, otherwise you'll find me staying for the weekend.

Stephen Stratford said...

Don't you threaten me.