Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tauranga’s house of horror

Via David Slack, “Tauranga’s $12 million mansion”.  I am from Tauranga and proud to be, but sometimes the city is just embarrassing. It once elected Winston Peters as its MP, and now this. Do click the link for a walk-through.

The house has five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and parking for six cars. Odd. The real-estate agent – who is blameless – says in the video, “It’s majestic as well as sustainable.” And OMG, the furniture. It seems to be high up the Minden, which is between Tauranga and Katikati and affords wonderful views out over Matakana island and Mount Maunganui. And yet I find myself resisting its siren call.

5 comments:

helenalex said...

The house comes furnished, so they should really lower the price a bit.

Stephen Stratford said...

Yes, I think the furniture is an argument for a hefty discount. I wonder where they bought it. Not at Greerton Furnishing in Chadwick Road, that's for sure, or Barry Muir's Furniture Galley at the Mount.

Anonymous said...

You seem to know a lot about furniture shops in Tauranga. May I ask why?

Stephen Stratford said...

@Anonymous, I ought to. I grew up in Greerton Furnishing, which my father started with the Sherwin brothers the year I was born. It was a furniture factory too. I still love the smell of wood glue in the morning.

Lofangas said...

Hey Stephen, you want to Guest Blog for my Blog. I would love to have someone as experienced as you to Guest Blog for me or vice versa. Comment or email about what you think.

Thanks,
Lofangas