Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today is my birthday

And everybody here knows it. I wonder if Ally goes around saying, “Quote unquote” and making ironic air quote-marks with her fingers. No, I suppose not.

Every day Home Paddock tells us about historic events that happened on the same day in history. I knew that I shared a birthday with Martin Amis, Elvis Costello and Claudia Schiffer – well, obviously (though I’m not sure whose literary talent, musical ability and looks I may also share: probably Schiffer’s music and Amis’s old teeth)  – but not that I shared a birthday with, OMG, Sean Connery. I don’t know why this should be cheering, but it is.

3 comments:

homepaddock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
homepaddock said...

The name's Unquote. Quote Unquote.

Hmm,I think James Bond's got it over you there, but you might look better in a kilt than Connery does.

Many happies for yesterday and the year ahead.

Phil said...

Not sure about the Scottish garb ( tragically kilt?).But blow them candles, big boy!