Monday, May 20, 2013

What’s going wrong at the NZ Society of Authors? #2

For those interested in the NZ Society of Authors there has been a record number of comments at my original post about “What’s going wrong at the NZSA” and still they come. There have been dozens of emails and Twitter/Facebook messages too, all in support, saying versions of “That’s exactly what I think.”

Correction: almost all comments on the blog have been in support. Jenny Argante wrote on Saturday morning:
Well, Stephen Stratford didn’t get all his facts right (not uncommon, I hear) . . .
I replied 10 minutes later asking her to supply specific examples of inaccuracies. At 10:55 on Monday night I am still waiting. And I wouldn’t mind an explanation of the smear “not uncommon, I hear”.

So here are Television, from their 1977 Marquee Moon album, with “Prove It”:

;

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that killed the conversation.

Stephen Stratford said...

Heh. But still getting lots of readers at the original post - plus emails/phone calls in support, some quite vehement.

And at 2.23pm on Wednesday I am still waiting to hear from Jenny Argante with details of my alleged inaccuracies.

Stephen Stratford said...

And at 4:43 the next Monday I am still waiting.