Thursday, March 19, 2009

The English abroad

The Telegraph has a list of 20 of the most ridiculous complaints made by holidaymakers to their travel agent, taken from research by Thomas Cook and the Association of British Travel Agents. They include:
“No one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”

“We bought ‘Ray-Ban’ sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”

“It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home.”

“My fiancĂ© and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”

“There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners.”

“I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

“We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”

“On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”

No comments: