Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ribbit

We have a new neighbour. This morning, walking around the estate, we noticed that someone had moved in. A squatter:


 I like frogs. I like how they look, how they sound. I also like their legs with a little garlic, a little butter…. (Click on the pic to see the frog up close, plus the wasp nest which I have to try to remove wihout upsetting the frog.)

We have named this one “Sarkozy”. But maybe this tiny frog is not a male. She could be a  female. In which case,  I hope she is not a frog princess. Take it away, Neil Hannon of the Divine Comedy:

4 comments:

Sp8y said...

I also love frogs (both in the wild and on a plate). We grew up with one particular water trough that the frogs loved and obliged with a yearly crop of eggs, tadpoles and new frogs. However, I'm reliably informed that taking frogs into the shower to show your mother - especially when the frogs start jumping around in the shower - is not desirable...

Stephen Stratford said...

A shower of frogs... Yes I can see that your mother might have found that undesirable.

Sadly Sarkozy seems to have moved on. We wistfully wonder where she came from, where she has gone. Perhaps froggy would a-courting go, and she is happily shacked up with a mate. We live in hope.

laughykate said...

Oh and Sarkozy looked so content...

Has the cat got a smile on her dial right now ?If so, I'd be suspicious.

Stephen Stratford said...

The cat is not smiling. I'm pleased to say. A) because I hate the cat and B) because the frog must have got away.