Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boys and girls are different

Who would have thought? But now we know for sure, thanks to Google. Dan Ariely of Predictably Irrational writes:
You know how Google sometimes “predicts” what you might be searching for by giving you a little drop down menu of suggested search queries? These suggestions, of course, are based on what other users frequently search. So I tried teasing out some gender differences.
Here is what girls wanted to know:


And here is what boys wanted to know:


Says it all, really. As does this clever-clogs comment at Marginal Revolution:
It is interesting how both of them mostly answer each other.
They so do.

Matt Nolan comments further.

UPDATE
Kiwiblog linked to the same story on 16 January – three days after this post – as did Dim-Post in response. Come on, David and Danyl – you guys really should try to keep up.

2 comments:

laughykate said...

That reminds me of a song, I'm not sure who wrote the it, but it comes from one of those free compilations you get with a music magazine...lyrics go..

'What do I want?
I want food and pussy
Why do I want it?
Cause it's the way God made me.'

So there's another for the boy list. Possibly lost in translation but my, it really does deliver.

Stephen Stratford said...

Signed, sealed and delivered.