Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Waikato Times letter of the week

It has been a while since the last one. Apologies. This is from the 15 May edition:
Tell terrible truth
I am writing regarding the reporting of the current world economic crisis in the mainstream media. I wish to make a constructive criticism of the way you convey information on this subject to the public. I say this with all respect to your professional skills and knowledge.
I draw your attention to the contrast between how the internet media conveys information on this crisis and how the mainstream media does it. The mainstream media seems to be saying things are slowly improving and we are headed for a better place.
However, the internet media show very starkly we are heading for a world economic collapse and a 1930s-type depression.
From what I can gather from internet blogs, we are headed for a terrible time of trouble like no other! Truth is truth, no matter how terrible it may be.
I will give you one example. The United States Department of Homeland Security has ordered 450 million rounds of .40 ammunition and an unknown number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths. What are they preparing for? What do they know?
I feel it is your duty to convey the facts and wake people from their entertainment stupor!
ANDREW MITCHELL
Hamilton

No comments: